Tuesday, October 7, 2008

DC

Last week, I had a training class in DC....my first time to go there. So, my mom, who loves all that historical stuff, went with me and in the afternoons we were able to do some sightseeing. We saw quite a bit in the little bit of time that we had. Here are just a few pictures from the trip. Enjoy!


Supreme Court Building, the tiny dot there is me. :) The size of the buildings and the tiny details on each of them were amazing!

This would be my mom in front of the Capitol Building. We didn't have time to get a ticket and tour the inside.


The White House....when I zoomed in with my camera, we could see the security on the roof.

Mount Vernon, home of George Washington. It was beautiful!

Arlington National Cemetery


The Eternal Flame and burial place of JFK , along with his wife and kids.

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Me and ole Honest Abe, he's quite ginormous!

2 comments:

Becky W said...

I loved when we lived in DC. We had the best field trips!!! Glad to see you had a good time!

Julie Young said...

How exciting! Makes me want to go there. Oh yeah...when I blew up that picture of you I could see that you were the dot! :)