Friday, March 26, 2010

Redeeming Themselves

As you know, Seth and I have a Nissan Altima that we bought a couple years ago. I have LOVED this car up until last Thursday when "Alfred" started having issues. We have had no trouble at all out of this car since we bought it. Then when we were on our way back from Destin (Seth's dad was driving), Alfred decided that he was done. Luckily, we had stopped for gas, so we weren't in the middle of traffic. The car would crank up and everything seemed okay. But when you pressed down on the gas pedal nothing, and I mean nothing happened. It was so weird! Like the total opposite of Toyota's problem. Luckily, Seth got it going enough to get it home. Alfred went to the Nissan dealer in Huntsville the next day. He spent the next week there getting his electronic throttle changed out. Everything seemed to be going okay....

...until yesterday. I went to pick the car up after work, drove it for about 10 miles, then guess what! It did the EXACT same thing. Except this time I was in the middle of an intersection. How marvelous is that. So, I just waved and mouthed apologies to everyone as I coasted at the speed of a snail into the mall parking lot.

Seth was yet again able to get it going and Alfred went straight back to Nissan. At this point we were getting slightly irritated. Our car was suppoed to be fixed and here I was nearly getting smoked in the side while sitting in the middle of traffic. Not good! The Nissan folks were shocked and confused about what was going on, and they needed to keep it to figure it out. But they couldn't give me a car to drive in the meantime. Really??? The car is under warranty AND they had already fixed it once! As Seth said, if we were angry people, these foks would have gotten an ear full.

Today, Nissan redeemed themselves ever so slightly in my eyes. They did find the problem that I told them about, and guess what, they are replacing the ENTIRE brains of the car because of it! You know that can't be a good sign. And they gave me a brand newAltima to drive in the meantime. :) Now that is much better customer service in my opinion!

No comments: