Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bargaining for Presents

As usual, November brought no shaving to the man in my house. I do have to admit...I don't mind Seth's beard at all...at least until it gets totally scraggly looking. And I usually don't bug him about shaving it until it gets to that point. Well, this year I didn't have to bug him at all...his mom took care of the beard for me! We were sitting at their house on Dec. 1st and she said: you know guys, it's not November anymore! The little mischievous wheels in Seth's head starting turning automatically. His response: Okay, I will shave it...IF you give me an early Christmas present. Janet jumped up out of her seat and went digging through her Christmas presents...Deal! :) She pulled out a He-Man cartoon dvd...Seth's favorite cartoon growing up. So...we went home so he could shave...
Little did I know that the wheels in his head were still turning...."Mom didn't say how much I had to shave." Ugh. Therfore....this resulted...
Yes...the dreaded mustache. So, he starts bargaining with me....I'll shave the rest of it if you give me an early present. Clever boy. So, I go digging in my box of presents. Of course, there's no way I'm giving him anything tooo good! So, I pulled out one of his stocking stuffers...and a deal is a deal!!

Away went the mustache!! I love my handsome, clean-shaved man!!

2 comments:

Becky W said...

I love reading your blog to see the Seth stories! It makes me realize what Carter will probably be like when he is that age!!!!

Jillian said...

Haha! That is so funny, Becky...because everytime I read your stories about Carter, I am reminded of Seth! :)